Tuesday, March 24, 2009

NSW - Forster reef bar grill


On the water, shop 1, Reef apartments, Wharf St, Forster
Ph: 02 6555 7092

We chose this restaurant because of it’s wonderful position. It is to the left of the Forster - Tuncurry bridge heading north and at the foot of the Reef apartments with a stunning view of the water.
I ordered the chefs specialty:
‘Wild caught Crowdy Bay prawns, gravlox salmon and avocado stack. Stacked with crispy wonton skins and cracked pepper aioli.” for $23.50.
It sounded delicious but I was really disappointed. It was a very small serve, not much taste and I don’t see why it is the chefs’ specialty.
Mike had the Thai Laksa with prawns “we got this recipe from a Bangkok based chef” and it was delicious, one of the nicest we’ve had, and we’ve had a lot. It was $19.50 and I wished I’d ordered it. We were looking at the other meals coming out of the kitchen and they were looking good. Just a bad choice on my behalf.
We’d go back again, you can’t beat the view. It is open for lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment